› Superb 2.0 TSI 280PS is the most powerful production ŠKODA ever
› 0-62mph time of 5.8 seconds makes it quicker than a host of classic supercars
› Exceptional performance guaranteed thanks to standard four-wheel drive system
› Short film produced by ŠKODA highlights remarkable performance
Milton Keynes: 07 July 2016: For generations, young car fanatics have festooned bedroom walls with pictures of the most exotic cars in the world. With their incredible acceleration figures and top speeds, the supercar icons of the 1970s, 80s and 90s were the stuff of fantasy for junior petrolheads the world over.
Fast-forward 30 years and the real-life picture has changed considerably. Thanks to the new ŠKODA Superb 2.0 TSI 280PS, the generation that grew up staring in disbelief at the 0-62mph times of cars such as the Lamborghini Countach and Ferrari 308 GTB can now buy a large family car with enough power and punch to leave a raft of classic supercars in their wake. And unlike those classic supercars, this incredible performance comes with a price tag that doesn’t run into six figures.
Available now in hatch and estate forms, the new Superb 2.0 TSI 280PS is the most powerful production ŠKODA ever built. With a 0-62mph time of just 5.8 seconds, it is faster than a host of classic supercars that were hailed as some of the quickest machines of their generation. Among those in the shadow of the new Superb 2.0 TSI 280PS is the 1987 Porsche 911 Carrera and the 1976 Ferrari 308 GTB.
With an output of 280PS from its turbocharged, four-cylinder petrol engine, the new Superb isn’t just the fastest production ŠKODA – thanks to its 660-litre boot it’s also the biggest and most spacious. What’s more, it comes with a DSG transmission and four-wheel-drive as standard, meaning that its supercar-rivalling performance can be deployed in complete comfort.
To highlight the remarkable performance of the new Superb – and prove beyond doubt which is the quickest in a straight fight – ŠKODA has a short film that pitches the new Superb 2.0 TSI 280PS estate against a collection of supercar classics including the Honda NSX and Lotus Esprit.
The new Superb 2.0TSI 280PS is priced from £31,445 for the Hatch and £32,745 for the Estate. Available on SE L Executive, new SportLine and Laurin & Klement trim levels, standard equipment includes 18-inch alloy wheels, Columbus satellite navigation system, electrically operated boot, leather upholstery and heated seats.
For more information:
Pietro Panarisi, Graeme Lambert,
Head of Press and PR, Product Affairs Manager,
M +44 7814 674 661 M +44 07342 073 586
T +44 1908 548 042 T +44 1908 548 060
Michelle Henniker, Clare Pleasants,
Media Relations Manager, Press Fleet Manager,
M +44 7738 896 676 M +44 7931 642330
T +44 1908 548 062 T +44 1908 548 915
- Is one of the longest-established vehicle production companies in the world. Since 1895, the Czech headquarters in Mladá Boleslav has seen the production firstly of bicycles and then motorbikes and cars.
- Has six passenger car models: Citigo, Fabia, Rapid, Octavia, Yeti and Superb.
- Delivered over one million vehicles to customers worldwide in 2015.
- Has belonged to Volkswagen since 1991. The Volkswagen Group is one of the most successful automotive groups in the world. ŠKODA, in association with the Group, independently manufactures and develops vehicles, as well as components, engines and gear transmissions.
- Operates at three locations in the Czech Republic, produces in China, Russia, Slovakia and India mainly through Group partnerships, as well as in Ukraine and Kazakhstan through local partners.
- Employs over 25,800 people globally and is active in more than 100 markets.